Notice of Annual General Meeting
ELAC's Annual General Meeting, including elections, will be held on Saturday, May 6th, at amiskwaciy Academy, 101 Airport Road NW, Edmonton, AB at 12:15pm.
ELAC 2017 Slate of Nominations
ELAC is a strong ATA specialist council, because we make a conscious effort to represent the professional development and curricular interests of English Language Arts teachers province wide.
There is a particular need in the areas of President Elect, 2018 Conference Director, Celebrating Words Editor and Regional Representative (Central and Greater South). Please refer to Section II of the ELAC Handbook for Executive Members for more information on the duties and responsibilities of ELAC Executive members.
The resulting slate will be posted on the ELAC website two weeks prior to the annual general meeting on May 6th, 2017, then presented at said annual general meeting. In the event that an election is necessary, it will be held at the annual general meeting on May 6th, 2017.
The slate for the English Language Arts Council Executive for 2017/2018 is as follows:
- President - Shelley Grey-Sortland Shelley
- Past President - Chandra Hildebrand
- President Elect - Kevin McBean
- Treasurer - Vic Mensch
- Secretary - Jennifer Bartlet
- Alberta Voices Editor - Dr. Marg Iveson
- New Teacher Liaison - Frances Korpela
- 2017-18 Conference Director - Tannis Niziol
- 2018-19 Conference Director - vacant
- Website Coordinator - Angela Contrada
- Communications Coordinator - Laura Schmaltz
- Calgary Regional Representative - Caterina Letizia
- Edmonton Regional Representative - vacant
- Central Alberta Regional Representative - vacant
- Greater South Regional Representative - vacant
As per item 20.5 in the Executive Handbook, for positions for which no nominations have been received, nominations will be requested from the floor at the annual general meeting.
As per item 8.2 in the Executive Handbook, vacancies occurring during the year may be filled by appointment by the Table Officers Committee.
As per item 8.4 in the Executive Handbook, elections shall be held at the annual general meeting, which is to take place on May 6, 2017.