First- and Second-Year Teacher Conference Grant
Every year ELAC provides grants of $500 for first- and second-year teachers to attend the ELAC annual conference. This year, ELAC and the Werklund School of Education will be co-hosting Inside Out: Sexual and Gender Diversity in the English Language Arts Classroom. This one-day conference being held at the University of Calgary on March 11, 2017.
Applicants must be a member of ELAC and can submit their proposal letter to the President-Elect (firstname.lastname@example.org). Recipients of the grant must attend the annual ELAC conference, and must provide a written reflection of the conference for the next issue of Alberta Voices prior to receiving grant monies.The deadline for application is February 15, 2017.
ELAC Member-hosted PD Fund
Each fiscal year, ELAC budgets money to support ELAC Member-Hosted Professional Development Grants. Each grant has a maximum value of $200.
The purposes of the grant are:
1. To support site-based professional development in English Language Arts
2. To support the development of site-based communities of practice and teacher collaboration
3. To enable ELAC members to host professional development in a local setting to address local teacher learning goals.
1. A committee of three, composed of the president-elect, secretary, and treasurer will review and approve applications on a quarterly basis.
2. No applicant shall receive more than one award per school year.
3. Successful applicants are not eligible to apply for two school years following their award.
4. Applicants must be ELAC members in order to in eligible for the grant.
5. Claims against the grant must be in accordance with ELAC financial procedures and be accompanied by original receipts no later than June 1 of the school year in which the award is granted.
6. Costs for the professional development event should be confined to those items that support hosting of the professional development event. Capital items, mileage, and substitute teacher costs are not eligible for reimbursement.*
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com