Do you know someone who demonstrates leadership in curriculum and/or pedagogy in English language arts? Of COURSE you do, because you’re an Alberta teacher!
Please nominate one of your amazing colleagues, or an individual who supports ELA teaching and learning in Alberta, for ELAC’s STAR Award for Supporters, Teachers, and Researchers of English language arts. Nominations close February 2nd.
In the selection process, the Committee will consider the extent to which the nominee demonstrates one or more of the following:
- has maintained continuous involvement in professional activities;
- has been an active teacher or supporter of English language arts for the major portion of their career;
- has displayed excellence as a classroom teacher in the Alberta school system;
- has demonstrated a commitment to improving student learning;
- has promoted and worked to improve the teaching of English language arts at the school, system, and/or provincial level and contributes to the professional development of teachers of English language arts;
- has contributed in some manner to English Language Arts Council (ELAC) at the local, provincial, national or international level on behalf of English language arts such as local presentations, Alberta Voices, Celebrating Words and/or conferences;
- has supported classroom teaching in Alberta, specifically to English language arts teaching in areas such as professional development, professional publications, leadership, political activism, service/volunteering